Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

I have a craftsman lt1000 riding mower, and the drive belt

Customer Question

Hi, I have a craftsman lt1000 riding mower, and the drive belt snapped, so I replaced it. Now the mower won't start. It makes the sound like its trying to start, but never turns over. I'm wondering if I did something wrong while reassembling it, or forgot to reattach something, or if it just happened to break?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. Thanks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Are you saying that your engine will spin, but will not start up and run?

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, or starting fluid, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, to see if your engine will start up and run briefly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I will try this when I get home. I can see it start to spin, most of the time, but it just doesn't start up. Other times it's like it tries to spin, but seizes up. Where can I buy carburetor cleaner in a can? Just auto zone? And does it need to be a specific kind? We got the mower used a couple of months ago, so we're still pretty new to the maintenance side of it. Is it OK to message you back once I'm at home and try what you suggested?
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

You can pick up some carburetor cleaner at Walmart, Tractor Supply, etc. Any brand will work for this purpose. Just let me know when you are back, and we can continue from here. Thanks!