Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2014 60in Super HD. MN 932160 with Kaw FX1000V.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2014 60in Hustler Super HD. MN 932160 with Kaw FX1000V.
Apparently when the rear flat tire was repaired last year the lug nuts were put on backwards. What remains is a rim thats badly worn and needs to be replaced along with the nuts and the bolts attached to the hub. (if that is a hub) The bolts are stripped and loose. I haven't taken the large bolt off yet to see how the attach. Cant find any detailed schematics or ideas on internet. I'm hoping thats not the hydraulic motor assembly that needs replacement. Any thoughts?
Thanks Bob S.
St. Louis
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It will be the brake hub. It does go on the tapered drive motor haft and will need to be pulled off with a puller. See attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
use a pulley and replace the hub assembly and that should be a good place to start? Do the bolts just slide through from the back ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

They are driven into the hub, they are not loose, but can be replaced. They have to be tight, or would not hold when the lug nuts are tightened.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure I'll have to replace the bolts so if the hub looks OK I can just pull the hub off with a pulley and replace the bolts, nuts and rim? I'd like to do it myself. Are the any tricks that I should know about or is it pretty straight forward?
Thx
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Hard part will be puling the hub off the drive motor, then the studs can be driven back , out of the hub. New studs installed and slip the hub back on and tighten the big nut.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to keep bothering you but how long am I allowed to talk to you about this issue. Not sure if I can get the parts right away. May have questions later.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

As long as you like. All one price. Just get back through your email link.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the parts ?