Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Honda EB3000c, it starts and the engines runs fine.

Customer Question

I have a Honda EB3000c, it starts and the engines runs fine. The only problem is it does not put out enough power. The output indicator light continues to flash. Any help on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  timoto replied 6 months ago.

Begin by checking the output from the main windings. These are accessed by removing the rectangular cover below the front control panel.

Disconnect the double red, double blue, double white and double black wire connectors from the cycloconverter and pull them out slightly so they are not contacting the terminals or each other. Start the engine and use a multimeter to measure ac volts between the red & black wires, white & black wires and the blue & black wires. What voltages do you get?

Reconnect the previously disconnected wires. Disconnect the small two pin connector with the orange and gray wires. Start the engine and measure the ac voltage from the orange and gray wires. What voltage did you get?