Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Skag zero turn mower with a Kawasaki FX691V motor.

Customer Question

I have a Skag zero turn mower with a Kawasaki FX691V motor. In park it starts, idles, and goes full throttle just fine. Once I attempt to drive it or engage the pto the rpms decresses. It still drives and cuts just fine but at reduced power.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Run a cylinder balance test. Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling remove one spark plug wire at a time. Engine should continue to run. If not and it dies when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark and compression, If it has spark and compression and is not firing, check the valve action. Pushrod may be off.

my response shows as customer.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Did you see my response?