Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When you push on the gas pedal the mower want move

Customer Question

when you push on the gas pedal the mower want move
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Will mower roll in freewheel? Is the top pulley turning on top of the transmission when the engine is running, viewed from under the fender? Is the belt tight with engine off?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no the mower want roll in freewheel, top pulley dose turn on the transmission when the engine is running, now on the belt part i have to buy a new one because it broke but I dont think it was tight with engine off because I was abel to take the old belt off.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no

# ***** are the two bolts holding the mechanical disc brake. I think your brake is locked. That is why it will not roll in freewheel... Loosen the two bolts, # ***** , and with caliper loose ,tap on the brake parts to free it up. Oil the brake with WD40 and re-tighten the bolts, mower should now roll. With new belt I think it will work!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you I know what you are talking about

Thank you!

Please rate to close!

I see question still open! please rate in a positive manner to get me credit ! THANKS>