Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a X300R garden tractor. Engine starts fine. After

Customer Question

I have a X300R garden tractor. Engine starts fine. After about 2 minutes, it starts to
stutter and cuts out. So far, I have done the following: new spark plugs, oil change and
filter, new inline gasoline filter, took out old fuel and replaced with new fuel, cleaned the
cooling fins and in-between, new battery, cleaned the air filter, and it is still acting up
after all of the above work. I have not replaced the gas cap. Any suggestions would
be appreciated. Peter Kaiter
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Will it start right back up? It has an electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor, it has to stay open, or it shuts the fuel off to the main jet in carburetor. Has to have 12 volts at all times.