Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

I have an LX176 with a Kawaski engine 14 hp. When I turn the

Customer Question

I have an LX176 with a Kawaski engine 14 hp. When I turn the key the only thing I hear is the fuel pump solenoid click no starter movement. I have put another ignition module on and a coil and neither of those solved the problem. I have tested the starter and that kicks in and out with the battery jumper. I don't know where to go from here.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Have you checked the starter solenoid ? . The way to locate the starter solenoid is to trace back the thick red cable that bolts to the starter, the other end is bolted to the solenoid. Take a long screwdriverand cross the post and it should turn the starter over. Make sure to have the key to on. If this starts it and keeps it running then the solenoid is bad

Hi just seeing if you field the solenoid iss ue with thevtractorv