Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and small engine diagnostics and repair - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I own a JD 3245c deck mower. It has 5 mower decks and I am

Customer Question

I own a JD 3245c deck mower. It has 5 mower decks and I am having trouble with the rear (two) decks. They run for about a minute or so and then just quit. We are stumped. We've tried changing decks front to back, but the problem seems isolated to the hydraulics for the back deck mowers. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil, My name is***** is your serial number? Check for signs of fine metal in the oil or filter indicating a potential drive motor failure Or a bypass of pressure in the circuit reliefs that control the decks. Check the reliefs for metal/debris indicating an internal failure. Let me know.