Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My mower only runs on choke and eventually shuts off after

Customer Question

My mower only runs on choke and eventually shuts off after disengaging pto. Let set for few moments and starts right up runs good for awhile and does same think. Changed fuel filter no difference.....
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: 15.5 hp Brigss & Stratton Engine 8bsxs.5002vp
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Mower Model# *****
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I would like to try to help you with your riding mower. I know you said you replaced the fuel filter but have you cleaned the carburetor?