Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

What oil should we use in the gearbox of a Chamberlain

Customer Question

What oil should we use in the gearbox of a Chamberlain Combine Mark 2?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

30wt is too light, it should have 80-90 gear lube.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you aware that this gear box is on a farm seeding machine and the gear box sets the rates for seed application? If yes, we'll use your recommendation. Also we have issues with other parts of the combine (seeder), not just the gear box. Is there any chance of getting an online copy of the user's manual, or even a hard copy?
Thank you

Gear box is just that, the oil protects the gears, Does not change the rates for seed application. Lighter oil less protection, and more gear wear .

Place to get manual.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There were none of the correct manuals available on the site which you indicated but after extensive searching and inquiry online within Australia I managed to find a book at an education institution and a copy has been scanned and sent to us. It states "Feed Selector Box- use SAE 20 or 30 engine oil or straight mineral oil. Do not use EP gear oil" I understand you have answered to your best understanding of the situation, but we cannot rate you well on this. Can we get a full or partial refund because the information was not actually of any help?
Regards Lenore

How does Feed selector box relate to Gear box?? Have a nice day. I will opt out.