Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Got fire got fuel won't start ck three safety swiches poured

Customer Question

Got fire got fuel won't start ck three safety swiches poured a little gas in carb still nothing. New plug firing good.fourteen kawsaki on JD riding lawnmower
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Turns over good got good compression, got good intake,fuel shutoff working.just acts like there is no fire. With the plug out grounded fires good
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's all I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked the valve operation? If valves are ok, and it does not fire, it has to be out of time. Need to look at the flywheel to crankshaft key. If key is sheared, engine will be out of time and will not fire.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

did you find my response?