Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a briggs Stratton 20 hp model461707 that has no

Customer Question

Hello; I have a briggs Stratton 20 hp model461707 that has no throttle control when running and you have to adjust the choke to make it run , it runs fast but will not slow the engine down. I think it is in the throttle control adjust ment but I don't have a manual to know how to adjust it or a picture to check if springs are in the right place. can you help me thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Can you control the speed at the carburetor? While running the engine at the carb, do you feel any push/pull from the governor linkage? Is the governor lever tight on the governor shaft? If no feel. push or pull , the inner governor is broken in the engine. You did verify that the throttle plate is tight on the throttle shaft?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Did you see my response?