Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a toro mx5480 zero turn mower. It drifts to one side

Customer Question

I have a toro mx5480 zero turn mower. It drifts to one side while driving. Is there an adjustment on the hydraulics?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When you push both levers forward evenly it vears to the right. It should go perfectly straight
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello Jason. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. First check to see if your transaxle drive belt is worn, or slightly loose. If your belt is slipping, this can cause our problem. If you belt is ok, then check the control rod that goes from your control arm, to the control lever on your transaxle. Check to see if your control rod is bent. Also, take a look at the control lever on your transaxle, to see if it is fully shifting into forward and reverse positions. Sometimes a buildup of dirt and debris can prevent your lever from moving freely, in both directions.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Your control rod is adjustable. Look at the control levers on both transaxles. Check to see if they both travel the same distance in and forward and reverse positions, as you move your control arms.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!