Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Last month I bought an Husqvarna HU725AWD mower with an

Customer Question

Last month I bought an Husqvarna HU725AWD mower with an 725EX Briggs & Stratton no prime engine. It starts well when cold but it will not restart while the engine is hot. Once it cools it starts fine. I called the Briggs & Stratton help line. It was automated and I got no answer. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. The engine has a auto choke on it and so once it gets hot ,it opens the choke up . It may not be keeping the choke open after you cut it off and it won't restart hot with the choke on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I fix it? It is brand new and is still in warranty.
I'd run it then when it will not restart i would remove the air filter and look at the choke plate and see if it's closed or open
If it's under warranty and ends up being a issue like the valves I would see if I could exchange it under warranty etc