Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I own a craftmans riding lawnmower and I think I burned out

Customer Question

I own a craftmans riding lawnmower and I think I burned out the starter, is it possible to bypass the starter, I only have my back yard to finish before my husband gets home, PLEASE help!!!! It was running and then I ran out of gas I filled it back up and now it would't start when I tried the third the starter stared smoking.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my make is John and welcome to Just Answer. If the starter was smoking let it cool down , there's no way to bypass the starter but you can jump a starter directly with jumper cables or a booster pack . Can you turn the flywheel by hand to make sure the starter gear isn't hung up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to fix dinner for 2 big teenagers so can I try later and then let you know?
Sure , just reply when you can