JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I HAVE CAMPBELL HAUSFELD FP209499 3-GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR

Customer Question

I HAVE CAMPBELL HAUSFELD FP209499 3-GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR BOUGHT NEW FROM AMAZON 12-15-14.
HAVE USED ABOUT 4-5 TIMES TO AIR TIRES. STILL LOOKS AND ACTS LIKE NEW.
TURNED ON YESTERDAY FIRST TIME SINCE LAST SUMMER.
DON'T MAKE COMPRESSED AIR. VERY SLOWLY WENT TO 20PSI, AFTER LONG TIME WENT TO 40PSI AND NO FURTHER. PRESURE ADJUSTMENT IS TURNED + TO MAX. DRAIN VALVE IS CLOSED. IS THERE A VALVE I CAN SERVICE THAT IS STUCK ????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 6 months ago.
HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.Do you hear any air leaking from the unit at all? There is a check valve in the tank that could be the issue but if it is you should be hearing air leaking from the unit. If air is leaking from unit then you will want to identify where it is coming from, often the cause is the relief valve which can be replaced at a cost of $3.99 plus shipping(see link provided).If you do not hear any air leaks then the motor or pump is the problem and would have to be replaced as there are no individual parts available for repair. The pump/motor assembly cost $48.81 plus shipping and can be ordered through the following website(see link provided).Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.http://www.ereplacementparts.com/campbell-hausfeld-fp209499av-2010-oiless-air-compressor-parts-c-32345_32346_289890.html