Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators

When I use my Champion 3500/4000 on 240 the gauge shows 240

Customer Question

When I use my Champion 3500/4000 on 240 the gauge shows 240 but nothing is powered in my camper. When I switch to 125 power comes on but of course I can only power some things.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I start the generator, plug it in through the twist on receptacle on the RV and the 240 plug in using the power cord that came with the camper. The gauge on the Champion generator shows power in both the 240 and 125 modes, but I don't have electrical power in the
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: RV in the 240 position, but do in the 125 position.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.

This could be due to several things.

You may have a tripped control breaker on the genset - reset them.

There may be a loose wire in the back of the control panel - check them.

If you are using some type of adapter between the genset and the RV, the adapter may be incorrect, or may be bad.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Hank, I appreciate your response. I've needed to travel the past couple of days and am doing Memorial Day Observance stuff today. I hope to try your suggestions tomorrow evening. Thank you, Greggl
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Did this find the problem?