Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 1995 EZ-GO Medalist. Weekend before I was driving

Customer Question

I have a 1995 EZ-GO Medalist. Weekend before I was driving it, stopped for a few minutes, and when I tried to go, it felt like it was trying to go, but went nowhere. Same in reverse. I had it put on a trailer and brought back to my lot. I noticed some battery issues, decided to start with new batteries. Replaced the batteries and cables. Got everything hooked up, and now it is totally dead. Any good suggestions? (The golf cart is at our trailer on a campground, two and a half hour drive away)
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you try the battery charger? It has to see battery voltage before it will start charging.
Do you have a voltmeter to test with when you get back to cart?
Keyswitch has to have voltage , then it sends voltage to the foot pedal switch, which has to close the solenoid. Do you have battery voltage to the solenoid? Both sides will have 36 volts, It should get voltage direct from the battery posiitve. With cart doing nothing, you may have dropped or have a bad cable. That is why the charger check is made. If charger will not come on, there is a break in the primary battery circuit.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Charger works, and I get 36 volts across the batteries. I will do more checking next weekend.
Ok, The solenoid is always suspect. Be sure you have 36 volts to both sides of it.. when it closes, it powers the controller.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I will check the solenoid on the weekend and get back to you. Unfortunately I have no internet at the lake. Can we drag this out for a week, or do want payment now?
Take as long as you like. I'm retired and work from home!