Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Curtis back in March you gave me the solution associated

Customer Question

Curtis back in March you gave me the solution associated with my John Deere L130 to replace the coils. I did and do to winter conditions in Wisconsin did not have time to use the tractor until this weekend. The tractor does not act like it is flooding out now instead it just quits. When I turn the ignition to restart it starts right back up. Any suggestions. Also my tractor does not go up hills it just sits there the tires don't spin. I replaced the drive belt last year.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Where to start! The belt has to be tight when the brake clutch is up. With engine off, can you slip the belt over the drive pulleys? Belt has to be tight for optimum drive. This is hydrostat transmission and has no real place to add fluid, though it does have a vent that can be removed, and small amount of oil 15w50 can be added.

As for engine dieing, with twin engine, if the engine has the Kohler Oil Guard system, the oil pressure switch can kill the spark. But if not spark, the carburetor has a fuel solenoid in the base of it. It has to have 12 volts at all times the key is on. Do you have any battery issues that would indicate the voltage would be low?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
brand new battery

Is fuel supply adequate to the carburetor? Can you remove the fuel solenoid and plug the hole for a test?

Did you find problem?