Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

The hood came off my John Deere 190C lawn tractor after it

Customer Question

The hood came off my John Deere 190C lawn tractor after it got stuck and I pulled on something I should not have pulled on (the hood). I put the hood back on and re-connected the wiring that came loose when the hood came off. (It's the wiring that runs to the headlights.) Now the tractor won't start. I don't even get a click when I turn the key.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Check the ignition fuse behind the engine , near the starter solenoid. with the wires being pulled around, I suspect the fuse has blown and now there is no voltage to the keyswitch.

did you find the problem to be the fuse?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The fuse appears intact, and I tested it with my multimeter - so I don't think the fuse is the problem.I hired a kid to diagnose and fix the problem. He found that the solenoid was bad. He's replaced the solenoid, but now he says the switch associated with the braking mechanism also needs to be replaced. I haven't been able to get in touch with him for the past few days (holiday weekend).I am going to leave the problem in his hands. If you haven't done so already, please charge my credit-card account for the work you've done so far, and please do not continue giving attention to this issue.Thanks.

You have to rate my answer in a posiitve way to close the question. That is all that is needed. Thank you.