Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My 6.75 will start but it dont stay running like it runs out

Customer Question

my 6.75 will start but it dont stay running like it runs out of gas
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i dont know what else to tell you
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i cant think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Many times this problem occurs, due to either a clogged jet, or a clogged fuel passage inside your carburetor. Remove the fuel bowl from your carburetor, and clean it. Also clean the three small holes in the bolt that secures your fuel to your carburetor. Re-assemble everything and try starting your engine again. Let's see if this helps.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
You can use a small wire, and some carburetor cleaner in a can, to clean the three small holes in your bowl bolt. See image below.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
You can remove your fuel bowl, and bowl bolt, without removing your carburetor from your engine. If you are careful, you can re-use your bowl gasket.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!