Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Sabre tooth tiger drive belt keeps slipping and popping off.

Customer Question

scag sabre tooth tiger drive belt keeps slipping and popping off. put new belt and tension spring, lasted 1.5 hours same thing happened.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.
hey Todd my name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help you out. First thing to check is the pulley alignment. we need all of the pulleys to be running as true to each other as possible. second take a very close look at your idler pulley. (the one the spring is hooked to) and make sure the pulley is running straight and that the bearing that it rides on isn't starting to fail. (loose or noisey when spun) also make sure that the tensioning arm moves free without binding or interruption in travel. check those things out and let me know what you find. from there we can keep knocking down the list of things to checkthanks Todd