Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My Cub Cadet riding lawn mower won't start. The battery is

Customer Question

My Cub Cadet riding lawn mower won't start. The battery is fully charged and 1 yr old. When I turn the key a clicking sound can be heard.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I would like to try to help you with your riding mower. This could be a few things , the solenoid could of went bad which would prevent power going from the battery to the starter when the key is turned to start otr it could be a safety switch isn't completing the circuit so it will not start . Have you locked the parking brake to see if that will turn it over ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What does that question mean?
You should have a parking or e brakev. By locking bit you override the seat switch . So even if the seat switch was the issue , locking the parking brake would still allow it to start
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I'll try that. Thanks and bye
Ok , you can keep responding to this chat , so try that and let me know if ot works , if it doesn't we will try jumping the starter directly
Hi just wondering if that got it started