Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Ryobi 26cc hedge trimmer. It starts great. Runs

Customer Question

I have a Ryobi 26cc hedge trimmer. It starts great. Runs great. The problem is that the blades don't run. Where do I start?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this could be a gearbox problem or possibly a bent blade. Lots of times there are wire fences among the hedges or shrubs that are un noticed and we try to cut and it bends one of the blades and binds.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
It is hard to say without seeing the unit. Try looking at all the triangular blades for knicks that could indicate a bent blade.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No nicks. In fact, it's new and never used.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
I did not see any type of blade lock on the diagram. I f one or more of the screws that hold the blades together are too tight they won't move. Your best bet may be to return it. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm not there to look at it.