Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

What are the differences in and Big Dog mowers ?

Customer Question

What are the differences in Hustler and Big Dog mowers ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

The Big Dog is the lower priced mower , that Excel has introduced to give the BAd Boy mowers some competition in the lower price ranges. The Hustler is the higher end product, from Excel, the Big Dog is there supposedly lower priced models to sell through the big box stores and not through the Hustler dealers! It's all marketing to gain more market share!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
From the pricing I am seeing, the 36" Hustler Raptor is $200 less than the Bug Dog Alpha. By your response, I am confused. Are Big Dogs Alpha 36" the exact same as the Hustler Raptor 36 "? If not, can you please specify the differences? The motor and transmission are the same.

Same mowers with different tags, made in the same plant! By having two like mowers, with same parts, they sell more, giving them more market share!

What did you wind up with?