Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and small engine diagnostics and repair - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1998 Kawasaki STX 1100 with no spark on all three

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Kawasaki STX 1100 with no spark on all three cylinders. I have replace everything to no avail.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please give me more details on what you have done so far. I see you said you replaced everything but in that case it should run if everything is new. Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi DanI got this unit from a guy that ran it in his garage with no water and burned down two pistons. I rebuilt the top end and it started right up and ran for 30 seconds great and then started to misfire and back fire and it stopped. I had no spark in all three cylinders. Replaced the stator, voltage regulator and the cdi ( out of a running machine) two of them.I ran stator checks purple-red 437 olms 26 volts yellow-black 39 holms 2.4 v green- blue 447 holms 54 volts. I have unplugged the white wire connector nothing. I have checked all plugs and no corrosion anywhere.Hope you have some ideas....Jeff
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi Thanks for the update. sounds like possibly either a faulty crank sensor causing the loss of engine speed signal or ignition module problem. I uploaded the complete manual with troubleshooting and schematics to help. Click this link below. Let me know

Manual

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is for a DI I do not have fuel injection
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the update Jeff. I have the 1200 STX and the 1100 ZXI manuals which will both help with your schematics and test specs I don't seem to have the carbureted manual for the STX unfortunately..... Click on this link for both.

Troubleshooting

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?Let me know. If so, Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HII have not been able to get it running?