Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Toro lawnmower won't start. It has been working mows. All

Customer Question

My Toro lawnmower won't start. It has been working for 4 mows. All of sudden it just cut off when I was mowing about 3 weeks ago. I replaced the spark plug, fuel filter and air filter. I narrowed it down to the wiring harness that attaches to spark plug. I ordered a new wiring harness and it still won't start. Motor turns but won't ignite and start up. It's a 2003 Toro Timecutter
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not at moment. As I mentioned it was working fine and suddenly cut off during my last mow a few weeks ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

The coil to the spark plug has a kill wire on it, Have you removed the kill wire to see if you have spark? You call it harness, but the small wire has to be grounded to kill engine, if the kill switch is grounding out the spark, the engine will not start!

Did you see my response?