John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

I am trying to replace the transmission drive belt on my JD

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the transmission drive belt on my JD LX280. How do I get it on to the chives?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have removed the old, frayed drive belt by cutting it. I have the new belt in the groove of the front or engine pulley. I would like to get the plastic fan off the drive pulley shaft so that I could fit the new belt over the edge of the pulley but I can't stop the shaft from turning.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Mechanics is not my best skill but I try. Maybe I should ask if I am going about this completely wrong?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.
good morning! my name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help you threw this. first off it sounds like your good so far. the fan is splined to the trans. shaft you will need to hold the fan while unscrewing the fastener. the fan should lift off after that. most times the fastener has a thread locker on it so there will be restance. does that make scence?
were you able to get your belt installed?