Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Troy built roto-tiller I bought around 1972 that

Customer Question

I have a Troy built roto-tiller I bought around 1972 that has a Tecumseh 6hp engine. I can't keep it running . I believe the fuel or carburator or fuel is off. ai tried adjusting it but might be way off. My manual(which I don't Have) used to describe how to close the valve completely aand then open it 1 1/2 or two turns to get an approximate setting. Could you tell me how I can set it close so it will run while I peak it? It starts but won't stay running for me to adjust it. Thanks *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Mr Grisafe my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Usually on the boy you of the carburetor bowl is a bolt with a screw that closes the main jet , you screw it tight to close then back ot out 3 half turns