Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a yth1746 husqvarna rider with a 17hp briggs and

Customer Question

I have a yth1746 husqvarna rider with a 17hp briggs and stratton motor crown series I have lots of spark, completion and fuel and it wont start
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Its got a electronic fuel solenoid and someone cut the plunger off it other than that that's all I can figure is the problem
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I f you put fuel into the cylinder directly, or spray starting fluid into carb, will it fire for a few seconds? If not, check for compression by holding finger with rag over the spark plug hole and see if it has enough compression to move your finger. with compression, check the valves for movement, and if valves are ok, the timing key under the flywheel would be the last thing to check. If it is sheared, engine will be out of time.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The solenoid in the carburetor will not affect the start if the tip is cut off.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you find problem?