Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Bought a used Club Car Precedent -gas. Poor throttle

Customer Question

Bought a used Club Car Precedent -gas. Poor throttle response. How do I adjust it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Year model? Good fuel flow from fuel pump to carburetor? New spark plug? Air filter clean? Engine model number? May have engine wih timing belt, that needs to be changed!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All good, I have to push the foot feed pedal all the way down before the motor starts to run. It should run with about 1" of movement. This is a gas golf cart.
The foot pedal has to engage the pedal micro switch to engage the starter solenoid. If it travels too far, the switch needs to be adjusted closer, so it touches sooner. There are two micro switches, one is for start, the other is for stop. You want to adjust the start,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.
Did you find micro switch and adjust?