Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Extreme compression will not allow the engine to complete

Customer Question

extreme compression will not allow the engine to complete the cycle, I take out the plug and the engine turns freely.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the engine seems to have too much compression for the starter to turn the engine over.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of the engine is 3 yr old it is a kohler courage 20 hp.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. What is the modelnumber of your engine ? . Some kohlers have non adjustable valves and what they call a ACR mechanism. That may have went bad if your engine has it
You may also want to check the key way. To see if the timing key is sheared