Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

Oil was unintentionally mixed with gas and added to the tank

Customer Question

oil was unintentionally mixed with gas and added to the tank of my ZG222 mower. I have removed as much as I can my suctioning it out and using paper towels to sop up as much as possible. there is still a small amount of the mixture in the tank. what should I do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: can I remove the tank to drain it?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. The small amount of mixture that remained inside your fuel, will not be harmful to your engine. Just fill your fuel tank with fresh gas, and your mower will be okay. The fuel you add will dilute the remaining oil/fuel mixture.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
It will be diluted to a point, whereas it will be like it doesn't exist.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you for your help. I just needed to verify the residual would not be harmful. have a great day!
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
You are very welcome! I do hope all goes well for you. When you have an opportunity, please take a moment to rate my answer.