John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

I am replay ring blade brake cable on toro mower 20333 but

Customer Question

I am replay ring blade brake cable on toro mower 20333 but the cable appears to be too long I am missing something in the steps
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 10 months ago.
good afternoon. anything is possible so lets start with the part# ***** the cable you are trying to replace. does the old package have a part # ***** it?
also if you have a year or serial # ***** will need that as well
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Part(###) ###-#### *****###-##-####
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there John?
still here...just looking things up
as per that picture are you trying to replace that cable or a different one? only ask because there are 2 cables as I'm sure you know. is the new cable the same length as the old one?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think they are the same but the old one snapped off and was thrown away the cable I am replacing goes through a black round gasket and is listed as part number 4 on the parts diagram for the handle
ok sorry to keep quizzing you but I want to be sure.... your replacing the cable on the lower handle correct?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is
ok excellent. I'm going to cheat and give you a link with a video that I believe will help you outhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2Sq7_FrHI
let me know if this helps you and thanks!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What doesn't help as my blade brake cable runs under the mower and I have to take the blade the housing under the mower to access it and my blade brake cable is on the left side of mower when you are standing at the controls.
sorry about that. let me see if I can dig up a tech manual with a better description
very sorry about wasting your time. I am coming up short on finding a service manual so I will step aside for another tech to pick it up