Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a perkuns 6.354 that was dealer installed new in a 1969

Customer Question

I have a perkuns 6.354 that was dealer installed new in a 1969 GMC longhorn camper special.I just bought this truck.and it seems to be loosing prime.I can bleed the system and it runs great for about 3 to 4 miles then it runs out of fuel.any suggestons on where it might be sucking air,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Can't be sure exact place, But it has to be before the fuel primer pump. Tank, tank outlet line to the strainer, up to the fuel primer.Everything after the primer is under pressure. A test would be to attach test line at the primer pump inlet, and back into a fuel container or into the fule tank filler opening and run test.