Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro lawn mower and I would like to increase the RPM

Customer Question

I have a toro lawn mower and I would like to increase the RPM slightly. How can I do that ? It has a Toro TXP 159 cc OHV Engine. The mower is a 2015 Toro Super recycler
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The engine seems to be running at a lower RPM than when I first got the mower and doesn't seem to cut as well.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Is throttle cable moving the throttle lever full travel? If it is, then all you need to do is add tension to the governor spring. The more tension on the spring the faster engine rpm will be. The spring bracket can be bent to add the tension, go in small increments!
Did you see my response?