Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Mower will not start. I have bypassed the ignition and put

Customer Question

mower will not start.
I have bypassed the ignition and put 12v to the starter and it will crank the engine.
I put my dc meter on the starter selonoid and turn the ignition sw on and no voltage at the solenoid. The parts call for a 15 amp fuse but I cant find it.
any suggestions.?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I'm going to try to help you with the mower . The fuse is located near the solenoid , it's a old style bigger blade fuse . If that's blown you will have no power withturning the key , no click etc . Have you also checked the safety switches? , if one is not completing the circuit it will not allow power to to the starter