John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

4700 mower 2006. As it gets hot the mower will not start moving

Customer Question

4700 mower 2006. As it gets hot the mower will not start moving forward when pedal pressed. If you move backward and then try forward it will then go forward. Also decks are not wanting to stay down properly. Any idea what to search for in hydraulics?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Toro 4700
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.
https://www.toro.com/customercare/commercial/education/pdf/02104sl.pdf\good afternoon! above is a link to the tech manual for this machine. I would say you have 2 different issues. First on the travel issue I would look at your forward relief valve. Looks like forward and reverse can be swapped. If you swap the 2 and the problem goes away you kno its the relief valvemower lift/ lower issue sounds like a issue in your control valve. first make sure you don't have a linkage binding and keeping the valve spool partially open. if that isn't the case then you have leak by in the valve itself. when the valve is closed it should trap oil and nothing should move until you move the lever