Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My YTH21K46 makes a high pitched whining noise only when the

Customer Question

My YTH21K46 makes a high pitched whining noise only when the blade is engaged and mostly when making a right turn. Although is will make noise on the straightaway at times. If I disengage the blade the noise stops. It will not make any noise at all when the blade is disengaged. Perhaps an idler pulley bearing????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. How are you , look at the steering rod that goes drop wheel to wheel and make sure it's not hitting the engine pulley underneath the frame . Some of the drive pulleys are nylon so they flat spot and the bearings go outb. I'm going to get a diagram for you
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/husqvarna-yth21k46-lawn-tractor-parts-c-114486_117796_205480.html Parts 50 and 52 are the nylon pulleys that have bearings that go up