Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I changed the fuel filter on my Mini Z with a Kawasaki

Customer Question

I changed the fuel filter on my Hustler Mini Z with a Kawasaki engine and the engine won't start. What should I do?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Could filter be leaking air, not letting the fule pump pull a vacuum? Remove the outlet line from the fuel pump to the carburetor and crank, looking for fuel flowing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fuel filter now no longer receiving gas after I pulled it off and reinstalled. Cranked it a number of times before realizing that I had not reopened fuel lines after reinstalling fuel filter. Have I burned out fuel pump? No gas reaching fuel filter now though fuel line is open.
Can you blow back into the tank from the fuel pump inlet line?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Curtis, I'm not sure I understand your answer. Should I disconnect the hose that runs from the fuel filter to the fuel pump and blow on it back through the fuel filter toward the gas tank?
or unhook it from the fuel filter and blow back. The fuel pump has to have a vacuum tight suction system for it to work, and suck from the tank.
Did you find fuel problem?