Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an airens 22hp mower model####-##-####01. Pulled the

Customer Question

I have an airens 22hp mower model####-##-####01. Pulled the rod to disengage as I have done many times before to move the machine but when I disengaged it it will not go back in gear. I looked very carefully the linkage is connected everything looks fine. I tried to do it over the lever workers like it should but it just will not go into gear.what can I do to fix the problem. This machine is well kept and like new it worked perfectly till I took it out of gear this time.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
Could the release lever be loose on the shaft at the transmission? When you push/pull the rod, it just slips on the shaft.??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No that is not the problem
Release rod just feels loose? Nothing else going on? Neither rear wheel removed?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I myself am very good with mechanical things. Neither wheel moves. It is in neutral
OK> let me opt out, This is the newer variable transmission, and I know nothing about the inner workings! Sorry.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't plan on paying for your answer to my problem. You knew the problem and the model befor you started. I would like a reply to this
When I opt out, it gives the other experts a chance to reply!