Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

JD 235 lawn mower, the electric clutch is slipping. Tried to

Customer Question

JD 235 lawn mower, the electric clutch is slipping. Tried to remove but top of clutch is rusted on to the shaft. Tried bearing puller but still wont come off, tried penitrating oil on shaft stillno luck. What do you recommend?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: machine is about 10 yrs old clutch never been off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What is the name of the penetrating oil you used? Have you tried two pry bars, to pry down on on your pto clutch? I recommend either PB Blaster, or WD-40 Penetrating Oil. WD-40 Lubricant will not help. Screw your bolt partially back into your crankshaft, through your clutch. As you are prying down, get someone to carefully tap your bolt with a hammer. Let's see if this helps. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!