Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I ave a JD 425 whose fuel pump with key off and out of the

Customer Question

I ave a JD 425 whose fuel pump with key off and out of the ignition switch.which in turn, kills the battery.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i think its a short somewhere, but the fuel pump will start by itsself, and run the battery down
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: npe, just that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Fuel pump is powered by fuel pump relay, relay has to be closed for fuel pump to run. Either relay is sticking, or it is getting power through the Fuel injection module! See diagram
component location.