Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am testing out a YardPro Kohler Courage XT-7 that my carpool

Customer Question

I am testing out a YardPro Kohler Courage XT-7 that my carpool buddy is selling. He used it once at his parents 2 years ago. Hasn't been used since. It looks like it's in great shape. The sticker year says 2010. Won't start. Has gas. Pressed the cold start primer. Any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: It's self-propelled. I cleaned the underside. Seems like it's hard to pull. I haven't had an engine like this though.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Likely the carburetor has water or debris in the float bowl. Sticking the float, and not allowing fuel to enter the bowl. If you want to see engine run, remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start for a few seconds.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Starting to rain so I will give it a try tomorrow after work. Thanks.
OK> Thanks.