Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Ferris IS1500Z(210 hrs) will start but after a few minutes

Customer Question

My Ferris IS1500Z(210 hrs) will start but after a few minutes (sometimes 2, sometimes 15). it acts like its out of gas and eventually stalls unless I open the choke. Then stalls right away after closing choke. I've cleaned the carburetor and fuel pump and checked all the fuel lines (no blockages - blew air back through line and heard bubbling in tank). New fuel filter, but only a trickle of gas going through it. Tried cracking gas cap open, no effect. Is it possibly the fuel cutoff solenoid? If so how do I determine solenoid vs power to solenoid?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so. but I'll answer anything i can. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
What engine model number/ Check battery voltage with pto on , to see if it drops below 12 volts. If voltage stays up, solenoid should have voltage. Best test of solenid is to remove it and disable it or plug the hole and run test.