Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Gas is coming out of the on my gas husky power washer

Customer Question

gas is coming out of the carburetor on my gas husky power washer 2600psi
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: there was no pressure ... we cleaned sprayer head, we cleaned out the carburetor, the motor is jumpy and wants to kill.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: when engine is running and we turn the gas on it starts to leak out carburetor through the the filter.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Needle valve and float in the carburetor is not shutting of the fuel at the carburetor. Did you remove the needle valve and float?
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_walbro_lms_carb.asp
Here is carburetor link
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes we did clean it out
The needle is not seating, go back and check the needle and float. They are not working?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any time we turn the gas on the unit leaks,even when it is not running.
You don't have a working needle valve and float! If you can't fix it , replace the carburetor.