Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am working on a kohler k582 engine the goveners was removed

Customer Question

i am working on a kohler k582 engine the goveners was removed and may have not have been retimed properly. the manual is not clear on timing this engine.any help would be appricated;
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: this engine has had all the proper work done to it but before i reinstall it i like to know its timed properly
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: thare are no timing marks on the flywheel im aware of the tooth inside the govener housing and its timed off the cam shaft but what about tdc
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Only timing internally is the crank gear to the camshaft gear.??
Oil pump and governor do not need to be timed.
The external timing is the flywheel to the crankshaft key. What are you concerned with?