Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Honda Engine GCV 160 appears to be locked up. The rope

Customer Question

my Honda Engine GCV 160 appears to be locked up. The rope pulley will not spin so the engine will not start. What can I do to get it operational and why would it lock up
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It was running and seemed to slow on power when using the sprayer. Once I stopped using the sprayer it immediately shut off and when I tried to restart the crankshat will not turn at all. I undid and used a crowbar to see if I could get it to move and was successful but then when I put back together it still will not turn the crankshaft
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
With pressure washer , the engine can be locking up, or the pump maybe locking! You need to separate the pump from the engine to see which is the problem. One is seized!