Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Have a Lt133/38 inch deck. It mowes evenly on level ground,

Customer Question

Have a Lt133/38 inch deck. It mowes evenly on level ground, however mowing sideways or at an angle on a incline or decline it leaves ridges in cutting the grass.
I checked tire inflation, deck and blade height seem to be ok. What am I missing??
Mike/St. Louis
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Blades will not change height, are the anti/scalp wheels still on the front corners of the deck?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ref to John Deere LT133, the anti/scalp wheels are still on the front and in the lowest holes on both sides. I do mow at the highest setting of 4 and seems not to change whatever height is tried.
Any pattern to the ridges? Always the same place? Spindle may be moving up and down, due to spacer missing or bad bearing. letting shaft move.??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The pattern would be a ridge from setting in seat on right side. The shafts and bearings are fine as I had blades off today for sharpening and no movement up and down on shafts .
Deck mounting holes worn? Letting deck lean when not on level ground.