Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman rotary lawn mower 675 series rear

Customer Question

hello, I have a Craftsman rotary lawn mower 675 series rear wheel drive rear discharge system, Model number###-##-#### I replaced the drive belt and the mower makes a whine when it is running and the blade is not engaged. When I engage the belt actuator the noise goes away and I'm able to cut the lawn as usual. I'm wondering what is out of adjustment that is making the noise. Any help appreciated. Are there any under mower diagrams with the plactic cover removed available so I can see if I have something out of place. I'm sure I put it back together correctly but should have taken pictures before I started working on it. Please help if you can. Thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.
Some of the plastic bottom pieces have a belt guard built in , the may be the belt hitting that